Next Generation Learning
The Annual Meeting
This is the largest and most influential world meeting of pathologists. In 2017, over 4,300 pathologists from 78 countries convened in San Antonio for an unprecedented mind-growing experience.
- 2,722 abstracts were submitted from which 1,583 were selected for posters and 280 for platform presentations
- Long Course – in depth study of new information on a selected topic
- Short Courses – organ or topic-oriented pathology
- Special Courses – structured to provide in-depth knowledge of advanced scientific techniques and methodologies
- Evening Specialty Conferences – provide expert mentoring on case-based diagnostic challenges
- The Maude Abbott Lecture – an honorary lecture presented by an erudite pathologist on a critical topic
- The Nathan Kaufman Timely Topics Lecture – an honorary lecture, generally by a clinician or researcher, who relates advances in the clinical arena to the progress in pathology
- Companion Societies provide diverse subspecialty topics and networking options
- Interactive Microscopy – 1.5 hour sessions with an expert at a multihead teaching microscope provides a practical mentoring opportunity
Three independent regional meetings are held in attractive venues throughout North America to provide a more intimate setting for registrants to access preeminent experts in a mentoring environment designed to update information as effective practice changers.
Diagnostic Pathology Update - annual six-day course in a family-friendly resort destination in which academic pathologists deliver focused new information on anatomic and molecular pathology targeted towards community practitioners.
Diagnostic Cytopathology - annual course scheduled during the Martin Luther King weekend in January to facilitate updates in clinical cytopathology, adjunctive techniques, molecular pathology and fine needle aspiration biopsy.
Interactive Microscopy - intense weekend courses at USCAP’s Interactive Center in Palm Springs, California, unite world-class pathologists with inquisitive registrants for an unprecedented mentoring opportunity that simulates clinical sign-out and consultations.
A variety of digital assets are availalbe for delivery on mobile devices and online to complement traditional education programs. Digital assets are either available for a fee or offered as complimentary learning modules. Visit the eLearning Center for more information.