2022 Special Course Guidelines
Special Courses are subspecialty seminars that target specific issues in pathology.
Faculty for the Special Courses are expected to prepare and submit the following materials:
- Financial Disclosure Form
- Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
- Microsoft Word document containing references (if references are not included in the presentation)
- Final presentations must be submitted to the Speaker Ready Room 6 hours prior to the presentation.
- Course registrants will receive a secure online PDF of each final presentation submitted through the speaker ready room. Faculty members who do not want to have their presentation (or portions of their presentation) used on the website, must state this desire to USCAP in writing to Krista Cairns.
Use of Materials and Copyright
USCAP will provide course registrants with access to the pre and post meeting materials online.
Authors and/or their employing institution should own copyright to all images, materials and graphics used in their presentations. If any content is not owned by the author/institution, written permission from the copyright holder for the duration and terms of its use must be provided to USCAP by the author at the time of content submission. USCAP shares copyright of all materials published on its web pages and presented in its forums with the authors of the material for the duration of its use by USCAP, after which exclusively the author holds copyright. USCAP will not use the material for any purpose other than that for which it was submitted without the author’s consent.
The United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology protects the integrity of its educational program content by strict enforcement of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. In accordance with requirements of the ACCME, USCAP requires all individuals who are in a position to control the content of a CME activity to disclose all financial relationships with any ineligible companies that you have had in the past 24 months. An ineligible company is any entity whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. There is no minimum financial threshold; you should disclose all financial relationships, regardless of the potential relevance of each relationship to the education.
Mechanisms are in place for conflict mitigation and disclosure notification prior to delivery of the educational activity to learners. This policy is elaborated on the USCAP website under Safeguarding Content.
Disclosures must be submitted by Friday, December 10, 2021.
- Download the 2022 Annual Meeting PowerPoint Slide Template
(file will download automatically)
- 2022 Annual Meeting PowerPoint Slide Template Instructions
Tips for Building Your Presentation
- Format for presentation must be 16:9
- Sans Serif fonts are recommended for projection
- Use a font size of at least 28 points
- Use no more than 2 fonts on a slide
- If you are inserting images, the recommended format is JPEG or JPG
- If you are inserting a video, the recommended video format is .WMV
Special Course faculty receive the following:
- Travel Stipend – The Academy will reimburse for travel expenses up to $800 for the first course and an additional $500 for each additional course (short course, long course, special course).
- Registration – All special course faculty receive complimentary general registration, companion meeting registration, and registration for their course.
Friday, December 10, 2021: Complete disclosure form
On-site: Final presentations must be submitted to the Speaker Ready Room 6 hours prior to the presentation.